Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Butterfly in the Wind

My "mommy instinct" was right. Marley was diagnosed with mixed CP. He said it was one of the most severe cases that he has seen in a very long time. I knew she had it before she was even diagnosed, but it is still hard for me to hear the truth. It all seems so unreal to me. I have googled CP day after day but I am still so clueless. Its like I am in fog and cant see through it. The doctor said that Marley will never be able to walk. I guess we will all just have to move on and fast the facts of life. We will take this step by step, one by one. Its time to realize the truth and take it.
Marley has a lung infection once again. Sigh.
Time to move on. As of today Marley weighs 15 lbs 3 oz. I dont know what is going on. The way she eats you think she would weigh 30 lbs. She is oh so tiny. At 22 months old she wears a 6-9 months in shirts and a 12 months in pants for length.
Lately I have really gotten into reading poetry to my kids. Funny poems, sad poems, happy poems, any kinds of poems. They really enjoy it. I will try to post some of my favorites later along with some pictures.
God Bless

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So she has the worst case of CP that the doctor has ever seen but yet she wasn't diagnosed until now?!? Seems kind of strange to me.

Doctors will usually never give you DEFINITE answers as to what to expect later in life. So for him to say she will NEVER walk, well that just isn't a good doctor. No one knows what the future holds for these kids.

I noticed you changed your first blog post too. Now she has two implants? It started with one....

Shannon said...

Huge hugs. CP diagnoses, even when you know they are coming, are difficult to hear.

Anonymous said...

whats the matter? can't keep a blog going that is a bunch of shit??

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.