Sunday, September 23, 2007

Live Like You Were Dying

Ask anyone who knows me. What is my motto in life? Live Like You Were Dying. That is truly how I try to live my life.
Three years ago I had my son Owen. He was the best thing that I ever had. I decided to get married at the young age of 16 when I was pregnant with Owen. A little bit later we decided to have another baby. Two months into the pregnancy when I began having problems he left me on my own to raise Owen and to go through this alone. I moved back in with my mother who was a tremendous help through out the whole entire thing.
Marley weighed 1 lbs 9 oz and was 12.5 inches long. She spent 4 whole months in the NICU before she got to come home. When we brought her home she weighed just 5 lbs 2 oz. Owen called her Ary. He was a big help to mommy. Always getting my diapers or a bottle or a toy.
Marley recieved cochlear implants 3 months ago. She has already had some improvements that I have noticed. When she hears my voice or Owen's she immediatly turns her head.
She is becoming such a big girl. Sitting here thinking about the last year is about to make me cry. She has had so many improvements yet so few compared to "normal" kids her age.
I know Marley has CP. She hasnt been officialy diagnosed with it but I know she has it. It is so obvious. Sometimes I just start crying remembering back to the NICU days. I would spend all day there then come home and hang out with Owen till we couldnt stay up any longer.
I am so blessed to have Owen and Marley. They are my life. My inspiration. My support team.
Thier my everything.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old are your kids? You have pictures to post of them? What kind of cochlear implant does Marley have? Single or dual?

Anonymous said...

Owen is 3 and Marley is almost 2. I will try to post pictures as soon as possible. Marley has a dual cochlear implant.

Sheri said...

Taylor- nice to *meet* you...Sounds like you guys have been through soooooo much....Many Blessings to you and your family as you continue day by day....I think you will enjoy blogging....

Anonymous said...

I meant what kind of implant? So she has two implants?

How do you know she has CP?

Taylor said...

Yes, Marley has 2 implants. Its a Harmony BTE Sound Processor.

Marley is almost 22 months old and still has not accomplished walking.Her movements are extremly jerky. She also has diffuculy swallowing which I read could also be a symptom of CP.

Anonymous said...

Pictures please!